Monday, May 5, 2008

My first book to review...


The best part about signing up for this summer reading/blogging project is getting around to reading books I have been meaning to read for some time! I have heard about Rick Bragg from my mother and she suggested it would be a good book for me and so I decided to read his first book All Over but the Shoutin'. It is a perfect summer read and the preface gripped me. Rick Bragg and I are the same age and yet I can tell you his upbringing and his view of his Alabama are COMPLETELY different from my own which makes the book so fascinating! With this beautiful weather I hope to be able to sit out on my patio and read a few pages before the sun fades and the mosquitoes fly! I hope my fellow bloggers are enjoying their books and many thanks to Maggie for doing this!




1 comment:

maggie moran said...

I love this post and keep 'em coming.

Okay, I see you are working with the photo in header. I find it easiest to upload your photo to publisher then make it into a compatable size. Then sink it into the header with the shrint to fit clicked. Trust me, you can spend all day working on the header, um blog for that fact. Did you see what I did with Ranger Readers? Kewl! :)

http://rangerreaders.blogspot.com